- Never ending toilet training is going very, very well at school but he's had some bad days there recently and he's had at least one day a weekend here that has straight up stunk. And I do mean stunk, this morning Mike was at church and Maria came down and said I was in my room and something smelled and there is POOP on the FLOOR! When I look at the big picture, I know how great it is that he's doing so well but it's daunting.
- We have to start putting Anthony in his braces again, after a break because he had a growth spurt and couldn't wear his old ones and then we had to wait a while to have his new ones made. It is just infuriating to get them - they cost $497 and our deductible for devices is $500 (ha ha boo hoo what a coincidence) and it's like TEN CENTS of material and in fact, the straps broke not once but twice the first two days he tried them and Mike had to go back and get them fixed twice. Annoying!
- He needs a haircut and I am dreading it.
- He and Felicity have been playing together a lot - not because they choose to but because they have common interest and also, she kind of leaves him alone and he likes that. Here's a picture of them in the bounce house today.
- He has been sleeping well but it's spotty - he sometimes is super tired, like if he goes to a pool or splash park with school, and then he falls asleep early and wakes up early and he's very loud and obnoxious and we have to go get him. But overall, things are fine in that department.
- He's so big and tall lately, it makes me think of him being a teenager. I'm so scared. I can't believe how I always want everyone to get grown up except him. I want him to stay little and controllable. But that's not fair, I suppose, to him, so I am trying to get over it.
- He's doing very well with his new OT, I like her a lot. This week I had to get my exercise in and I asked her if I could go out while she was working with him and she said SURE, she said, she has another mom who always goes and exercises and sometimes she does yoga in another room if the weather is bad. So I just walked a loop for 30 minutes and it was nice. I don't mind at all listening to him, or rather not listening to him because he is usually very quiet and happy with her, but it was nice to have a break from it too and get something accomplished.
Onward to this week! Wish us luck and I am still asking for prayers that we get his dog sooner rather than later.