Here's a year end meme that I'm going to answer for Anthony and me. Mostly I'm going to try to answer for Anthony, for posterity, but some things I just can't, like he's never seen a film, so we'll just wing it.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Sleep in a toddler bed. Drive to NJ.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I doubt Anthony had any, so I'll say NO.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Our friend Emily had a baby girl earlier this month. Her name is Violet Jane.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank God.
5. What places did you visit? We went to Florida in the spring and NJ in July. We went to the zoo here in town with Parker.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? I don't know if he'd LIKE to have it, but he's GOING to have a little baby sibling in 2008. Although if they came in 2007, that would be fine with me!
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hmmm. We had a fun birthday party for Anthony this year, maybe that day?
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Sleeping in a toddler bed, I think.
9. What was your biggest failure? NOT sleeping in a toddler bed. Tearing down his closet doors. Screaming and yelling for no apparent reason.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really. He had a little stomach bug and a few runny noses but overall he was very healthy. Ha, I just remembered he broke his foot in 2007 and also had croup. He had to go to the hospital two times in six weeks! But it was early 2007 so I guess I am forgetting already.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Anthony bought nothing but we bought him his bed.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I suppose Anthony's behavior. He was 1.5 at the beginning of the year and is now 2.5. He sleeps better, is more talkative, is sweeter, he's a good dancer, etc., etc.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Ha - Anthony again! Sometimes he doesn't go to sleep for HOURS after we put him to bed, he takes a nap only about half the time, he gets madder more quickly than anyone I ever met.
14. Where did most of your money go? Again, Anthony doesn't have any money, but I think we spend the most money consistently on diapers for him. That and clothes. We spent a lot less last year on toys than we did the two years before.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? We are really excited about Anthony talking and getting better at communicating.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Hmmm. It would have to be a Wiggles song. We watch mostly Wiggles around here, seconded by Elmo.
17. Compared to this time last year, is Anthony:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? I don't know if he's fatter but he weighs more. He might be skinnier because he's gotten so tall
c) richer or poorer? I guess richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Ha - I will answer and say I wish Anthony had SLEPT more.
20. How did you spend Christmas last year? We had Christmas dinner here last year. This year we are just hanging out at home again on Christmas.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? No.
22. How many one-night stands? Ha - he did spend the night in a few motels, but he was with us!
23. What was your favorite TV program? The Wiggles, Signing Time
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2007? We had a party in the backyard, with burgers and hot dogs and an Elmo cake.
25. What was the best book you read? Anthony loves a lot of books but he is more into Dr. Seuss here lately.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Anthony loves to drum and dance here lately.
27. What did you want and get? Oh, he gets whatever he wants.
28. What did you want and not get? Plenty of things, but he has no words for it? Also, we don't move fast enough for him.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Anthony's never seen a film, so I will say Mike and I really liked Knocked Up. We went on Father's Day, I think, with my sister Laura.
30. Did you make some new friends this year? I don't know if we made new friends, we kept a lot of our friends from last year.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I think Anthony will be more satisfied when he can make his demands clearer.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Ha - he never cares what I put him in, which is great. I have a lot of friends whose kids choose what they wear and it sounds like a pain.
33. What kept you sane? Ha - there is no proof that any of us are sane. See comment above about having another baby.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Elmo.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Ha - nothing.
36. Who did you miss? I think Anthony misses his Grandparents when they are in Florida. He has been very cute with them this week since they've been home.
37. Who was the best new person you met? I don't know that Anthony met anyone new, but he's about to!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Um. I don't know that Anthony has learned any life lessons but we are working on patience. And he also has really been digging on crossing himself and saying his prayers lately so maybe he's up to some spiritual life lesson that I don't know about?