Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Two Nights

Two nights in a row Anthony has had a seizure.  Ay yi yi, it is the worst!  Last night he was in the tub and Mike was in there with him and he just ... started having a seizure.  He was sitting up but he was very out of it, he looks like it is not him behind his eyes and he kind of drools and he is so, so still.  I mean, I don't like that he is having a seizure but he is as relaxed as I have ever seen him.  Anyway, I hauled him out of the tub and we dried him off and got a pull up on him and pulled on pajama pants and just basically told him that we were right there, that he was going to be okay.  He is so funny - he had his beads in his hands and right after he came out of it he started whipping those beads around and then rolled over, asleep.  He slept for several hours and then woke up so Mike tried to give him his medicine but he threw it up immediately.  Then he went right back to sleep and this morning we gave him his regular morning dose but I guess we should have given his his higher dose, his night time dose?  Lord, I don't know the rules with this stuff.  I looked it up and found a link that said if he throws it up in less than 15 minutes I can wait and give it to him again but if he keeps it down for 15 minutes, he's gotten it.  He usually just throws up right away, but we'll have to give it a try.

We are going to call the doctor tomorrow but in the meantime, is he okay?  How would we know?  I remember when he was diagnosed with epilepsy - by US, basically, I thought well, finally.  Finally we can get some answers around here!  But it's not true, it's just more questions with no answers, and super high stakes.

I emailed the dog service place to say that Anthony had epilepsy now too and I didn't know if they needed to know that but since we were super desperately waiting for a dog, I wanted to be sure nothing held it up.  The woman wrote back and said that the woman I needed to talk to was going to be working with matched clients and dogs for the next two weeks but she would get back to me afterward.  It's so depressing but I am determined to not let it be.  I know our dog is out there.  I just wish it would be soon.  I am praying a one year long novena and asking for a miracle.  I don't know why it's not our miracle now, but it has to be soon.  It has to be!  Something has to go our way and it may as well be this, I figure.

I mean, things are going our way.  We went to Anthony's Christmas Party at LSC this Saturday and Christina came with us.  She is wonderful, a Godsend.  He has great therapists, I love his teacher so much and she loves him.  Maybe we have too many good things going on, ha!  Time will tell but in the meantime, keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Leeann said...

Oh I am so sorry. That must be awful to watch and not be able to do anything about it. I so wish you all could have Anthony's dog NOW.

Think about you guys often.