Monday, November 03, 2008

Monday and an Announcement

 

Monday, before school. I recently took that guitar down out of the closet for Maria and Anthony is all over it. We are getting him an acoustic guitar for Christmas, he loves them, as my cousin Timmy and my friend Rose can attest to, because he has tried to steal both of theirs!

So Anthony is going to be a big brother in May. We are having yet another baby, as I've been referring to it, and it's caused some weird reactions, I think. Mike and I are very excited about this new baby - we are surprised and wondering where the baby will sleep after the first few months, but overall, of course we are happy and amazed as always at the miracle that these children are. I don't think we are any more worried than any other parents of soon-to-be-three children. But I am getting some strange vibes from some people, like they're worried about me, or us. I think it's because of Anthony and I just can't stand it.

One of the first things I read about having a child with autism was that you have to remember that he's a child first, not just a child with autism. Anthony is our first born and we are madly in love with him - he can drive us crazy and we are unsure of what his future holds but guess what, people? That is true for every single person that has a child! I think having Maria has been so good for us, and for Anthony, and it's going to be true with this baby too. I know that some people that have children with autism choose not to have any more but for us, that is not the answer, for many reasons. The first is that, as Catholics, we do not roll like that. We are going to have as many children as God gives us and we are not going to question His authority on the matter. The second is, Anthony has to live in the world, as I tell him several times a day, and guess what? The world is full of people! I can think of no better way to be broken in to the world that to be surrounded by people who love him so much.

So if you are tempted even in the slightest to feel sorry for us, in any way, shape or form, don't. We are just fine - we are more than fine! We are Anthony's parents, and Maria's and whoever is coming next. We wouldn't have it any other way.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!!
I'm so excited and jealous about baby #3. We have been trying to get pregnant for awhile now - what a gift.
Many many blessings to you,
Lisa Cesnik Ferguson

Andrea said...

Yay! What exciting news for your family! CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!

Colleen said...

Congrats on the newest!

For the record, I DO worry about you, but not for the reason you thought....I worry for you because you are married to Mike Beck! Can you blame me?! I think it is well placed concern....

Anonymous said...

Josie:

I got on facebook for the first time in months and was so excited to read your news!!! CONGRATS! It's a wild ride that third baby, but wow is it wonderful!

Love and Miss you all the time,
Brooke

Alivia Quallen said...

Amen Sista Friend!! You are a awsome mom who is going to be blessed with another baby. Congrats:) I am a true believer that God only gives you what you can handle and obiviously he thinks you can handle a third one.

Alivia

Abby said...

yeah babies! I feel just as sorry for you as I do for myself :) Seriously- what a blessing and clearly meant to be :)

Anonymous said...

what a great post! Congrats on your newcomer