Monday, December 01, 2008

Thankful

It occurs to me that I was so busy complaining about my sick children and my bad life that I never said anything about what I was thankful for this Thanksgiving, but now I keep reading on blogs that people said that and it reminded me that I really should have. So I am going to post this for a late Thanksgiving note on both blogs.

I am thankful for my children, believe it or not. I do complain a lot and they are insane, both of them, BUT I am so happy that they are here, we are madly in love with both of them. They are healthy and relatively happy. God knows there are people that want to have kids and can't, or have God forbid lost children and I am aware of that every day.

I am thankful for our families, both here and in NJ. It means a lot to me that everyone (and by everyone I mean my Aunts, because I think maybe they are the only ones that ever look at the blogs out of my family in NJ) checks in with the kids and how we are all doing. I'm thankful for my sister, who comes over a lot and sometimes it is so crazy here and she just ... stays and doesn't run out the door, which I feel like I would sometimes!

I'm thankful that I am able to stay home with these two. I honestly never thought it would be as crazy a job as it is, but I wouldn't want anyone else to do it.

I am thankful for the open gym that we go to on Thursdays. It's nice to know that we have a date every week and I think it's good for Maria and me to do something on our own.

I am thankful for the new baby (these are in no particular order, I don't love the open gym more than the baby - ha). I got the results of my sugar test (fine) and my immune to Parvo test (fine) today and that's good news. I hope and pray that we have a healthy, happy baby who is a good sleeper. I figure why not ask for all of it. :)

I am thankful for Mike, I could go on and on but I won't. There is no way that I could do this job, even in the limping along way that I do without him.

I'm sure there's more but I am going to end it here. Happy Thanksgiving and Advent!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I too am thankful for open gym. I like your honesty and we all know how much you love your kids... We will miss you on thursday- I have my glucose screening at 10:15... I may have my mom bring beau- we'll see if she wants to. Hope you are sleeping and healthy.

Liz Harrell said...

Sounds like a really good life. :)