Thursday, January 21, 2010

Throwback Thursday

 
Here's Anthony, a year ago today. I want to cry when I look at him, and think about how sick he was this time last year. We went to the dentist yesterday and it was ROUGH, people. The only thing that I am proud of is that I didn't cry until I dropped him off at school. It all went so badly, kind of. It was a great office and the lady at the desk was so nice. Then we went in and I had to hold him on my lap, facing me, and dump him back into the dentist's lap and then hold his hands with both of mine and all the strength I had because he was fuh-reaking out. I realized as soon as he put his head back that he had a dirty diaper, so that was ... awesome. :( She counted his teeth and found three cavities and then we spent the rest of the time talking about the sedation and restraint necessary for filling those cavities. It's awful - I know that lots of little kids don't like the dentist, but man. We have to give him an anti-histamine type thing at home and then he'll have laughing gas when we get there, and be in a papoose blanket, they call it, even though I might call it what it is, which is a straight jacket in a nice blue color. It's on 2/2 that we go, and I am trying not to think about it too much until then.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jana said...

Joanne, Anthony is so lucky to have a mama that has such a great sense of humor about dealing with challenges. I will be thinking of you both on cavity day and I hope the kiddie straightjacket keeps him contained.