Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Cobra

 
 
My brother John, the Cobra, sent Anthony this shirt from his recent trip to Spain. He was on tour with The Eagles and went *everywhere*. It's a Superman type shirt that says "Super Toro", in case you can't see. Anthony was up at 4:00 this morning but not too noisy and was back to sleep by 5:30, which is rare. He woke up yesterday at 4:00 and just stayed up for the day. He looks very sweet to me here, and sad, which he wasn't. At least I don't think he was. Tomorrow is Friday and then we have one more week until he starts school. I can't wait. I.can't.WAIT. I know I'll miss him and it will be strange to have him gone so much but a) I am looking forward to spending some time with the girls and b) I just know it will be so good for him. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I can't help it. I am trying to have FAITH that he'll be okay. I read a status update on Facebook from a girl I went to grade school with - she was kind of a non-religious person when we were in school but apparently she has found God, because she always has religious quotes in her status updates. Anyway, she said "God responds to faith and not need" and I thought holy crap, I better get on this Faith thing, then, because I am always WAY more into what I NEED and not what I believe will happen. So I am going to have faith that Anthony will thrive at this school and it will all be okay.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: