Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Hives

 So now Anthony has hives, it's always something, right?  He started busting out in them today at school at 9:00, so they gave him Benadryl and then it got worse by 2:00 so I called and he saw the doctor this afternoon and he said hives.  I said maybe it's pressure hives from the braces and the doctor said NO but I say BS and I bet that's what it is.  The doctor said hives are very mysterious to which I said BIG SURPRISE.  We're so mysterious, it's like AGATHA CHRISTIE all the time around here!

My internet friend Bonnie reposted my last post about Anthony and my … my, what, my own personal disappointments.  She said she often feels that way but is afraid to say it or that it might offend someone or something and I … I hope no one is offended that someties I feel super sad about Anthony.  I feel super sad about Maria sometimes too, and Veronica and I have MAJOR disappointments about how Felicity's first six months went, but what the heck?  I am just a human being, I am CONSTANTLY reviewing my life, and what I've done and what I could do better.  It keeps me young, this constant thinking and reviewing and wondering about the future and the past, ha!  Anyways, I hope it wasn't offensive for me to say that sometimes it occurs to me that we are not the same as other people, and that I am sad at what we're missing, or what I PERCEIVE as us missing.  I could be wrong.  It's only sometimes that I feel that way, anyway.  My mom wrote me a really nice email after I posted that last thing and she said that all we can do is trust in God and know that we're right where we should be and I agree.  But even though I DO trust in God and I DO think I am right where I should be, it's still - it still smarts, sometimes.  I think it's because Anthony is turning seven here soon.  That seems SO much older, right, than five?  Than six?  Anyway, as usual, I am being selfish, Anthony is just FINE, he doesn't care that he doesn't go to ball games or whatever the heck.  He does care that he is all itchy, so that's what we're working on tonight.

I bought him some Benadryl but he sounds pretty happy up there so we're going to wait and see.  His doctor said it might make him sleepy and I said ho ho ho not much makes old Anthony sleepy!

Here's something funny - yesterday I had to go to work at 5:30 so I took a shower before I went to get Anthony but I didn't get to straighten my hair, I figured I'd let it air dry and then straighten it once I got home from getting Anthony.  So anyways, it was super curly when I picked him up and he could NOT keep his hands off it.  While I was strapping him in his car seat, he kept patting my hair.  I just know he could tell the difference, and I was impressed.  Unfortunately, I look like a crazed lunatic Ronald McDonald with my hair curly, so I can't wear it like that all the time, but still!  What attention to detail, right?

He is doing okay with potty training, he has had some accidents but also brought his therapist to the bathroom and gone several times at school, sooooo it's a spiral, I guess.  Just like every other thing, ever.

We bought him a bounce house!  It was like almost $300 but it was going to be $155 to rent it so I figured what the heck, I am working some extra shifts and we just bought it.  I asked my mom and sister and Mike's mom to go in on it.  I figure it's a win-win, because he's impossible to buy for and this way we can all give him a gift that we know (or feel strongly) that he'll love.  I'll take a picture when we get it, hopefully with some happy children bouncing around in it.

Lastly, isn't he so cute in that picture?  He's a real dreamboat.  
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a dreamboat and you look terrific in the picture too. Mom

Anonymous said...

I concur :) ~Aly~ xoxo