Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday

Anthony had a good week, we are just skating along on our new schedule of sleeping well and not having tantrums.  He had swimming last night and he did just great.  I didn't take him last week, so I was really happy to go last night.  We go to the YMCA, and I - actually I think we are just calling it the Y these days but it is amazing.  I can't get over how kind and wonderful everyone is there.  It is in a not-so-great part of town and the one where Maria goes to preschool is in a better part of town but the difference in the way we have been treated is amazing.  At  Anthony's Y, the Aquatics director comes over every week and calls Anthony by name and asks  how he is.  Since we missed the first three weeks, we are just moving right into the next class and we are going to make up the ones we missed at the end.  The teacher is just wonderful with Anthony, the lifeguard is really nice and cheers him on.  When I went to Maria's Y with Anthony, years ago, for a swim class, it was a nightmare.  The indoor class was moved outdoors, it took me hours of hounding the Aquatics director on the phone to get the money back, it was horrible.  They're just not as nice.  Why is this?  Are people nicer in worse parts of town?  Is it a coincidence?  I know not.

ANYWAYS.  Amy came over today, we played outside some and ate some and she and Anthony took a walk.  We are making plans for some super fun outings when the weather gets better.  I'm bullish for the future.

No comments: