Monday, November 29, 2010

Last Monday

I am a big counter-downer, so this "last" this and "last" that really appeals to me.  I was thinking this morning of this house and how much I loved it when my sister and I had it built.  There was just the two of us, and we really knocked around in here, we had plenty of room!   We had a lot of fun here, as I recall.  It seems like a long time ago!  When Mike and I moved in, we painted all the rooms, which helped make it feel like ours, a little bit.  I painted Anthony's room last, I was home on spring break my last year at work.

When I started staying home with Anthony, and he was so cranky and fussy, I hated this house.  It was SO noisy.  Every floorboard made noise, it seemed.  I couldn't BELIEVE all that went on here during the day, it seemed like every time I turned around someone was building something or knocking something down, all of it so noisy.

But now I really feel like we will miss it.  What will he understand about it, I wonder?  I'll be glad to not have a basement anymore, because I am sick of having them be on three different floors at once, but will he miss it?  Will he be mad?  We'll see, I guess.  This is by far the craziest thing that has ever happened to us.  I may have to post tomorrow from my phone, I'm sure I will, but I'll have practically completed the 30 days for November.  I'm glad I did it this month, last year I did it and it was very depressing and even though things are kind of crappy for the most part, it was better this year.  Maybe by next year it will be downright cheery!

No comments: