Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday

I haven't taken a picture of Anthony today, he had a ROUGH ONE. He is wearing, or I should say he WAS wearing this shirt that my friend Teresa gave him. She gives me a LOT of her son Garrett's hand me downs and I love them. But anyways, he's wearing this shirt today that says I AM STRONG AND BRAVE. It's so soft and great and I just love that message, because he really is. I know that we will get this worked out and he will get better. He has had some WHOPPER tantrums lately. Late at night, early in the morning, no time is safe! Last night he was flipping out until almost 11 and then Veronica was up at 4:45 so - it makes for a short night. Last night in church, I was reading the little writeup about the Gospel. The Gospel reading was the one about Jesus on the cross and the two criminals speak to Him and one says, "Hey get us out of here!" and the other says "Remember me when you come into your Kingdom". Anyways, the write up said that we always WANT love and painlessness from God and we wonder why He can't just get us out of here when things are tough? I personally think this ALL THE TIME! But, it said, God is not a King like that - He is a King like He is a person, too. He does not promise us painlessness, it said, but love, and you can tell that when you see Him hanging on the Cross.

When things are going okay, and I've had enough sleep, I think, welllll that makes sense. BUT things are often NOT going well and I'm ALWAYS tired so mostly I think well, that might be the way it is, but it doesn't mean I'm always going to like it. I am still praying for a miracle.

No comments: