Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday

 

I never really believed things like when you love someone, it doesn't hurt when they hit you, or whatever claptrap there is in the musical Carousel, but I'll tell you what: Anthony kicked me so hard in the throat today that even now, an hour later, it still really hurts, but I don't feel like it hurts. I feel so sad about it, and I feel so worried about when he gets bigger and he kicks me in the throat, but mostly I just feel so sorry for him. These tantrums are insane - I mean, they are really crazy. They come out of nowhere and I know they won't last long and I want to help him, but what do you do? I ask him, "what do you want?". I make recommndations, like "how about some squeezes?". I read all this stuff online about it and it just has nothing to do with us. "Eventually", on article said, "your child will be able to tell you what he wants". Um. NOT LIKELY. I feel like there is so much information out there and none of it is for us.

But then - he's just better. He just gets better and he comes in the kitchen and pushes the water I offer away, but takes a cookie or two and he's better. I don't understand it, I don't, but I just hope it stops soon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stimey said...

That's rough. I'm sorry. It's so hard. Don't you just wish sometimes that someone would just tell you what to do? Like, if someone just had an answer for how to help your kid best, you would do it, no matter how hard it was. It's the not knowing what's best or how to help that is the hardest, I think. Hang in there and hugs to you.