Monday, January 29, 2007

Hat, Sunday




I wanted to update this a little bit on Things Anthony is Doing Now that he is Almost 20 Months Old. When you take him outside, he says outside (or really, side). If you say "wash your hair", he pats his head. If you mention brushing your teeth, he mimes it. He knows where his head, hair, shoulders, cheeks, ears, eyes, and nose is/are. I am glad that we do the Signing that we do, and I know that it is helping him learn to speak and that he'll have an improved vocabulary because of it, but right now I feel as if we are raising a mime. And you know how annoying mimes are. I got an email the other day about 'Your 19 Month, Two Week Old' and it said at this point, he could have a vocabulary of 10-50 words. I don't put a lot of stock in it, and it's a good thing, because I think we'd be pushing it to say he has 10 words that he says aloud. He says: No, Dad, Mom, Yeah, Outside, Bye, Hi, ... I think that might be it. He signs a lot more than that but we are still waiting for a little more verbalization. Anyway, here are some pictures from Sunday.

No comments: