Monday, May 14, 2007

Meme

I was tagged by Melissa so I am going to do a meme here, which is a first!

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Ten years ago was 1997, let's see. I was living in Jersey City, working for Foster Higgins in downtown NYC, commuting through the WTC every day. I was probably going to see my Grandmother and my friend Kathy on the weekends, out in NJ. I was working out at a gym called Ladies Only or something, I went every day. Since I hardly knew anyone, I worked out a lot!

What were you doing one year ago?

One year ago, I was getting ready for Anthony's first birthday. We were probably doing pretty well, sleep wise and everything.

Five snacks you enjoy:

* pistachios
* cookies
* chips with dip
* bagel
* do Blizzards count?

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:

This is something I have thought about in the last few years because I am always surprised how few songs this is true about. My mom has a whole repertoire for Anthony - she sings Abba Dabba Dabba, I Love You Truly, A You're Adorable, etc., and I sing Close To You over and over. Sometimes I sing Amazing Grace, Somewhere over the Rainbow. But I know the words to a lot of Bruce Springsteen songs, and a lot of showtunes, especially shows that I was in. I know every word to every Madonna song up through 10 years ago, probably. I don't know how that happened. So here's five:

* "Rosalita", by Bruce Springsteen
* "All that Jazz" from the musical Chicago
* "Close to You " by the Carpenters
* "I'm on Fire" by Bruce Springsteen
* "Like a Virgin" by Madonna

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

* Get a nanny to live here and take care of Anthony
* Give money to our siblings and parents
* Give money to our church
* Get another nanny to live here and take care of Anthony, in case something happens to the first one
* Travel, but be able to pay for the nannies and Anthony too

Five bad habits:

* Smoking - even though I don't do this anymore I still consider it a habit of mine.
* Talking about people
* Worrying about things over which I have no control
* Eating without thinking
* Zoning out in front of the TV

Five things you like doing:

* Sleeping
* Reading
* Cooking
* Going out to dinner
* Going for a big walk

Five things you would never wear again:

* leggings
* tube tops
* as much makeup as I used to
* fur
* bad shoes

Five favorite toys:

* My IPOD
* our computer
* our TV and DVR
* my camera
* the camcorder

And that's it! I'll post pictures of Anthony later.

No comments: