Saturday, January 08, 2011

I'm So Glad You Found Me In Here

I'm reading this book and it's incredible.  It's incredible how much it makes me cry, honestly.  It's written by a mother and son and the son has autism.  He's 28 and just graduated from college, he doesn't speak but he uses a communication device, which is basically typing.

It's killing me - the first thing he typed, after his name (he was 11 years old at the time) was "I love you", to his mother.  And I thought - let's get Anthony a typewriter!  Ha!  Seriously, it thrills me to think that Anthony loves me.  I mean, I know he loves me, but I have to say, it would be nice to hear it or see it written down.  Maria says "I love you too, Mommy" a lot and it goes a long way!

It makes me so hopeful and has really renewed my faith at this VERY annoying and difficult time in our lives.  Anthony can do anything.  It's true - how it is now is not how it's going to be.  Now matter how bad it FEELS.

No comments: