Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day Three

Camp is going very well, he seems to be having a good time.  He doesn't eat much when he's there - he is eating more every day but the first day I think he ate almost nothing!  The second day I asked Mike to talk to them about how he was eating and he did but I think they are sitting with him and eating, he just must be ... nervous or something there and anyway, he hasn't been eating much but animal crackers, ha!

He hasn't really had any 'behaviors' or 'tantrums' or whatever you want to call it since Monday.  This is perplexing because - well, I mean, if he wants to go to camp every day of his life, that's not going to work out, is it?  We all would like to hang out all day and jump around whenever we want and eat animal crackers, am I right?  We are just grateful that he is doing well, I am trying not to think too much about it.

Tomorrow he has horseback riding.  I hope and pray it works out.  Hippotherapy can be so great for kids with autism, I ... well, it would be nice if he likes it, is all.  I'm just going to take it one step at a time and hope he likes it and that he gets to DO it.

He is funny, he is used to getting up and leaving, and now he's been going to bed pretty early this week and getting up early and then he has all this TIME to sit around in the morning and he doesn't like it!  He is always pulling on Mike's hand, toward the door.  This morning Mike took him to get a bagel before camp, just to get him out of the house, ha!

So if you are thinking of him this week or praying that he does well, it's working.  We are very happy that it's gone this well so far.  Ha, as I say this he is sort of yelling in his room but I think he's probably just tired.

No comments: