Sunday, October 02, 2011

outside/pantsless/hanger

These are a few of his favorite things, ha!

We have been having a pretty good time of it lately, overall. He still has more behaviors than I'd like, and last night he was what I can only call COMPLETELY KOOKOOPANTS until after freaking MIDNIGHT or something, but overall, he is doing okay. I am trying to adopt a brand-new reaction to his behaviors, I am trying to say less words to him and when I do say words, I am trying to make them soooothing and caaaaaalm. I am trying to let him know that I understand his behavior isn't what he is saying, it's just how he is saying it. It's so hard and crazy - to act one way with one kid and a completely DIFFERENT way with the other kids, I can't do it, really. But if I speak in a nicer tone to Maria or Veronica, that's not a bad thing, right? Trying to understand Anthony helps me understand the other ones better and in fact, it helps me understand PEOPLE better. There is a lesson in all of it, I suppose.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: