Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Autistics Speaking Day

Today is Autistics Speaking Day.  Oh, how I wish I could ask Anthony what he wants to say about it.  I guess I could ask him but chances are very, very good that he wouldn't answer me.  It has been a long road, these six and a half years of Anthony not talking to us.  I think about it so much, for not just Anthony and me, but I think about it regarding Maria, and Veronica and even Felicity, now, because not only does SHE not talk, but she doesn't even look at me.  Something no one tells you is how LITTLE CHARM babies have when they are less than six weeks old.  She is way more like an alien life form than like a human at this stage.

Anyway, I don't know what Anthony would say he wants people to know about him.  My heart tells me that he would want what any other person would want.  That he wants people to know that he is smart, and sweet, and so lovable.  That he is trying so hard, every day, to just live his life and be happy.  That just because he doesn't sound like everyone else doesn't mean that he deserves any less.  But that could be me.  :)  Anyway, happy Autistics Speaking Day to Anthony and to everyone who has autism.  I hope that we can all express ourselves in the way that we want to, and that we can all be heard.

No comments: