Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Big Day

Yesterday, Anthony came home from camp and seemed good, he had had a good day, his therapist said.  He went straight to the potty to get his braces off, it's been so, so hot here and they are plastic and really bugging him by the end of the day.  So I took them off, chatted with his therapist, and then she left.  I was sitting in the kitchen and he came in and said 'hot dog' and I got him one, crying the whole time, and cut it in pieces and he ate it.  It was such a miracle, to me, but it felt like such a natural thing!

I remember one time, years ago, I had a dream that Anthony was talking and talking to me.  This may have been when I was pregnant with Maria, it certainly wasn't when Maria was jabbering away or anything.  Anyway, in my dream, he was talking and talking, telling me things, and I was talking back and we were having a conversation, it didn't seem strange at all.  Yesterday wasn't like that.  It was the first time that he spontaneously has said anything to me, anything!  Ever!  I could not stop crying, I can't stop crying now, thinking about it.

He was off hot dogs for a while but we decided a while ago to give him different foods, to keep offering them, and just see what sticks and he has gone back to hot dogs.  Maybe that's it?  Maybe we have to keep switching it up and trying different things?  Whatever it is, I'm all OKAY!, I'll do anything, ANYTHING to keep having days like yesterday.

The funniest part of it all was that he was like, whatever, crazy lady, keep crying but cry and give me that hot dog!  He must think I am insane and I think he's right!

1 comment:

Doing My Best said...

That is AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you!!