Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Aggression in Autistic Tween

I am hoping this blog post will get me some help.  Anthony is 11 and he has lately started to really really push and punch me.  He punches and pulls my arm when I'm driving, most alarmingly and then today he slapped me full on in the face.  I have never done that to him, he has never seen that kind of behavior.  He doesn't seem upset, he seems intent on doing it.  I used to think it was a communication issue but now he doesn't seem to want anything, except to hit me! We are asking for help from his team at LSC and we are trying to work with his Occupational and Speech Therapists but so far, it is only getting worse.  It is only happening to me, which is terrible luck because I usually go get him from LSC.  Anything I search up, as Maria would say, seems to indicate my only option is to drug him but that doesn't seem like an answer.  If anyone has any real, solid experience or ideas, I'd appreciate it.  Also if anyone has any ideas about .. .what do you call it?  Sleepaway places? Nursing homes for children?  Just to type it makes me want to jump out the window.  Residential homes for children with autism, I guess.  To close, help! I need help!

1 comment:

Leeann said...

Joanne,

I'm so sorry. It must be terrifying to go through that with Anthony.

I don't know any answers but I couldn't read this and not respond.

Please know that I care and am thinking of you guys.