Thursday, July 15, 2010

Temple Grandin at TED

Here's Temple Grandin talking about why the world needs people with autism.  She is really amazing, I just can't get over how lucky we are that she is a writer and speaker.  I really feel like she gives me some kind of window into Anthony - I know all people are different, but I'll talk what information I can get.  I hope what she is NOT saying here is that people with autism who SPEAK are needed, but I think she might be.  I hope and pray that Anthony can talk someday.  This morning he walked by Maria, who was lying on the floor under a beach towel, and said "blanket".  Maria said "Good job, Anthony!".  She is well-trained!  Anyways.  I am hopeful that Anthony can talk someday and if he can't, if he's not meant to, or whatever, then I hope that we can find a way to get him to communicate with us (and the world) in some other way.  I hope I hope I hope.

No comments: