Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Vacation

We are on day three of Anthony's vacation from school and it's HELL on EARTH.  Ha, just kidding, but it's not great.  We have these ideas of doing all this stuff with him and keeping him busy but he is not fooled, he is not in school, Maria will NOT leave him alone, and he's had it.  He was up at 12:19 a.m., woke up screaming and crying, just FURIOUS.  He calmed down after a while, I rubbed his hands like the little Asian ladies do during a manicure and he seemed to really like it.  I run out of ideas and then I think what would calm me down?  When he is having a tantrum lately, he works his hands a lot and I thought maybe they were tense.  So I rubbed from the palm of his hands, out toward his fingers, and he seemed to like it.  Or maybe it was a coincidence, who the hell knows.  I left him after about 20 minutes and about 30 minutes after that, he was screaming again.  Mike went in with him and then neither of us went in again, but he was up until about 5:00.  5:00!  He slept from 7:30 til 12:19 and then was up until 5:00.  I wish, in a way, that I could sleep like that, since ... well, since I have to sleep like that.  The girls were up at 6:00 and Mike was up with Maria at 3:30 and 5:00, so we are tired.  I woke Anthony up at 9:30 because his speech therapist was coming at 10:00 and he is in there with her now, and it sounds like it's going well. 

So.  We'll go with that, he's having a good time at speech therapy and once that's over, we'll try and do something else with him.  And we will all look forward to next Monday! 

Here's a picture from one year ago.  Sigh. 

No comments: