Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day ... 9? 10?

Whatever.  We've been doing toilet training since last Monday.  It's going well.  I guess?  I want to talk about a very big accomplishment that Anthony had this week but I am unsure about the etiquette involved here.  I am not, believe it or not, a person who really likes to talk about poop.  I'm not a fan of scatalogical humor, I'm against it ALL.  BUT this is what's going on in our lives and it's not a joke, and it IS a big accomplishment, so I'm just going to say that Anthony pooped in the potty at school on ... see now I can't even remember.  I guess it was Monday afternoon.  I can't imagine the insanity that went on in that bathroom - I know that it had to be crazy and I hope he appreciated it.  I hope it was a big deal to him, too, because really, it's his victory.

He is doing well.  He is the most patient, wonderful boy.  I hope that this all works out for him because I can't imagine anyone being more compliant or working harder at something.  I think of training Maria, for example, and what would it would be like to have that jungle cat on the toilet for as long as we've had Anthony there, and - ugh, it's not pretty.  But he's been great.  His therapists that came home were great, too, we've had a really positive experience overall.  Even though I know that it's not about OUR experience, we are the ones who are aware of it, so I guess it bears mentioning.

We're not finished yet - he just moved today to 30 minutes off the toilet and 5 minutes on and that's a LOT of toilet time, but we are definitely moving in the right direction and that's all I can ask for, really.  He has had a few behaviors this week already and he had one horrible, horrible night where he fell asleep before 7:00 and only slept until 11:00 p.m. and then was up until SIX a.m. and had to go to school on Monday.  Yesterday, speaking for my own self, sucked too, sleep-wise, because Veronica was up at 4:20 and I couldn't go back to sleep.  I am PREGNANT, I keep wanting to tell them, and have it matter.  I need to get some REST, but no one cares.  Well, Mike cares, he came home for lunch yesterday so I could take a nap but I still felt sick and horrible all day from it.  And then I have to DRIVE a big VAN with all my KIDS in it.  Oy.  Anyways, back to Anthony.  He is doing well, today they have a horse coming to the school to do some riding.  I hope someone gets a picture.  Later this week they are going to the State Fair, so I hope he enjoys that too.  He is some amazing person.

No comments: