Monday, September 12, 2011

Sooooo

Warning:  we are going to talk about poop again.  

I've been trying to figure out what to do with regard to Anthony and him having more success at home with toilet training, specifically with pooping on the toilet here, which he has never done.  We have extended his day at school so that he's here with the girls and just me for a shorter period of time, but it hasn't made a difference.  This week, we started at home training, where one of his therapists brings him home and - well, it's just more one-on-one training, like we did at the beginning.  I had this theory that since he was having so much success at school, maybe we should try to mimic what he was doing at school.  I was also getting nervous that the longer he went NOT succeeding at home but succeeding at school, the harder it would get to succeed at school.  

Anyways, we started the home therapy training today and he pooped on the potty.  So now he's all trained.  The end.  

Ha!  Kidding!  But it's soooo nice to have so much success on the first day.  I'm so hopeful that we can do it all week and really get going with it.  His therapist Pam brought him home and he did great, and it was nice to talk to her about him.  She is his morning therapist so I rarely get to see her.  

Pam said, and I agree, things are just going really well with him.  We are seeing so few behaviors from him, he is talking a lot, he is sleeping really well (I didn't say that, you know how I feel about the jinx).  Now, maybe I'll have this baby and he'll regress and everything will stink, but I hope not.  Anthony had a really hard time for almost a year and a half, which is like ONE-FIFTH of his LIFE, so if things can go pretty well for him for a while, well, we'll take it.  

Oh, Anthony.  We love him so much.  We're so proud of him!  

2 comments:

Salt in Suburbia said...

Glad today went so well! Thanks for sharing your success.

Doing My Best said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you are having some good, hopeful times!!