Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hang in there!

Ha!  I kill myself, so funny.  

Here's Anthony, at school.  His program manager emailed me a few pictures today, they got him a bar like he has here because he is so into hanging lately.  Look at his little belly.  

Lately I've been thinking about when Anthony was a baby.  I think it's because I am spending so much time with Felicity, just Felicity, while everyone is in school and it's been since I had just Anthony that I was just one on one with a baby.  Our golden time was when he was older than nine months and less than 18 months.  He was sleeping well but not too crazy yet.  He did get a little harder to manage when he was around 18 months old.  

But I don't think that's because he developed autism or caught autism or whatever.   I guess it's like that for some people, but it's not like that for us.  When I think now about how Anthony was when he was a baby, I have no doubt that he has had autism, or developing autism or whatever, since he was born.  Maybe since before he was born!   Maybe not, I am sure I don't know.  I don't care, either, but I am reminded of it because one of the Real Housewives of NJ's son was just diagnosed with autism and she is quoted as saying that he regressed, I'm not sure if she blames his vaccines or whatever but I guess we'll see.  

Anyways.  Anthony is doing great, he's doing PECS at school and it's going well.  Mike and I are going to be trained on it soon, I can't wait!  Anthony has been waking up early, EARLY the last two days and it's TORTURE.  I have confidence it will get better soon though, and it makes me grateful.  It used to be like this all the time, he used to never sleep, it seemed.  Maybe he'll go through another period where he's not sleeping again but I am grateful that we've had such a good stretch.  I'm grateful I don't have a little bad sleeping baby, too, while he's awake.  

I always think if we could just get one more thing straightened out we'd be good to go.  If he'd just be 100% toilet trained, if he'd just stop taking off his clothes, if he'd just communicate better.  But the thing is, it's pretty good the way it is.  He can be willful, he can be loud as hell, he can wake up early, but overall he is just doing so, so well.  I'm so happy and proud of him for the MOST part that I have to be happy and proud of him all the way.  

BOY this is rambly.  I started typing it when the baby went up for a nap and she has stopped yelling so I suppose I should get something done.  For those checking in, he's doing well, he has a checkup with the hematologist this week where we expect more good news, all is well.  We are hanging in there.  I can't stop!  Ha!  

No comments: